Arthritis – Home remedies for Arthritis
It refers to inflammation of joints. It is one of a number of diseases commonly called rheumatism. Arthritis arises from many causes and it is treated in many different ways.
Arthritis has been classified as follows: –
* Arthritis caused by infection.
* Arthritis resulting from rheumatic fever.
* Rheumatoid arthritis.
* Degenerative arthritis.
* Arthritis due to joint injuries.
* Arthritis caused by gout.
* Arthritis originating from the nervous system. Rheumatoid arthritis and arthritis caused by rheumatic fever are classified as collagen disease.
* Rheumatoid arthritis and degenerative arthritis are the two most common types. Millions of men and women are afflicted with them. But good medical treatment begun early and continued faithfully can often do much to alleviate the pain, crippling and disability.
It is a disease not of the joints but of the whole body, i . e. the connective tissues. This tissue reacts sensitively to substances in the body. Stress and worry make it worse. During rainy season and winter months, pains in the joints become most severe.
Rheumatoid arthritis may appear suddenly or gradually. Fatigue, loss of weight, and poor weight can be early signs. Sometimes it may cause an acute fever and pain, swelling and disability in many joints. Any joint can be involved including those of the spine, but the hands and feet are most commonly affected. There may be vague or fleeting pains in early stages; it may rise in the morning and at the end of the day.
Women appear to be afflicted more than men. Children too can be afflicted. Rheumatoid arthritis usually strikes at early ages unlike other types of arthritis. It appears during winter months. Americans are chronic sufferers from this disease.
Fresh raw fruit and vegetable juices offer an excellent treatment for rheumatoid arthritis. It is believed that garlic, musumbi, orange, carrot and beet juice consumed in plenty may give early cure.
Signs and symptoms of Arthritis
* Severe pain in the affected joints.
* Muscles, ligaments and cartilage become inflamed.
* Movement of the joint becomes extremely painful, especially in cold, windy and damp weather.
Home Remedies for Arthritis
* Drinking water kept overnight in a copper container accumulates traces of copper, which is said to strengthen the muscular system. A copper ring or bracelet is worn for the same reason.
* Half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with warm water helps cure arthritis.
* Taking alfalfa tea twice a day makes a good cure.
* Lime has also been found beneficial as a home remedy for arthritis. The citric acid found in lime is a solvent of uric acid which is the primary cause of some types of arthritis. The juice of one lime, diluted with water, may be taken once a day, preferably first thing in the morning.
* Exercise the afflicted joints in tub full of hot water.